It is currently 18 Jul 2018, 01:36

Stronger Than Cancer Everything about cancer

Is lung cancer a death sentence?

by stronger » 09 Nov 2017, 09:16

My friend's father is just recently being diagnosed with stage 3 lung cancer. He is very concern with his father. Is lung cancer a death sentence? Hopefully I can hear from you soon, thank you.
stronger
Site Admin

by Kellyn » 22 Nov 2017, 13:32

Dear Stronger,

I am so sorry to hear about your friend’s father. His concern over his father’s condition is acceptably valid. Cancer is not a favourable sickness if one has to choose. Nevertheless, with the advanced treatment available in these current years, the treatment options are no longer limited to just chemotherapy and radiotherapy but oral targeted drugs depending on the type of cancer cell and the doctor’s recommended treatment. Therefore, one actually has hope to receive the optimum treatment and live.

It is of utmost important to hear from the treating doctor about the sickness and understand the proposed treatment.

Your concern and support for your friend is highly commendable and perhaps with this information you would be able to fill him in and project the hope his father could have in his journey. For further support to your friend, be there for him.

Kellyn
CIS Nurse
Kellyn

Return to Ask A Nurse

User Menu

Login